Dec 21, 2008

Don't Judge..

I just finished Twilight. I know that you are all thinking I betrayed my boycott but I would like to take you back to a place you each may remember...called FINALS WEEK. Those of you who understand the stressed, overwhelmed, tightly wound, exhausted, and brain-drained person you became at the end of that week, can also understand my desperate need for some mindless activity. For these reasons, I gave in, and jumped on the wagon. Now...some of you may be proud to hear this (Natalie, Mom), while others (Nikki) may be disappointed. And to you (Nikki) I say shoosh! Because I almost read it in secret to avoid your judgement. However, I am not ashamed! I enjoyed my less than two days of distracted absorption and you can't take that away from me. Mark my words, the series will be read by New Years. Merry Christmas everyone! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH yessssss! i LOVE IT! and like i always say, it's SERIOUSLY better the 2nd time around. just wait until you start thinking you're gonna run into edward and alice! The third book is my fav and anyone who is boycotting it is just scared of how amazing they'll think it is!!! MISS YOU!

p.s. i think my blog list widget thingy must have put them in that order!? and i'm soo glad you figured that out because i was always like "what the heck is going on when i add something??" i couldn't figure out the order...PROPS!

Bethany said...

i did the same thing. i swore i wouldn't read it, turned down any offers from friends for loaning the book. then i saw the movie and read the book somewhat in secret. why is it that we didn't want to give in anyway? and why the secrets? i think it's funny that we both did that. i have the second one on my counter and i haven't even started it. maybe sometime. maybe today. we'll see.

girlsmama said...

Sheesh ladies! Everyone else is doing it...

I just finished the series for the 2nd time. they are a fun light read. If you want to challenge yourself a little find the LDS theology hidden beneath the vampireness. :)

Dasdel said...

I love the picture. It says more then any words ever could. I'm glad you're enjoying the books. Its a much needed reprieve from school. You can just escape from the stress and get lost in a good book. I love that about books!