Nov 12, 2008

Birthdays!

Happy Birthday Grandpa Hay!

Some of my favorite memories as a kid are at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandpa used to ALWAYS have a jar of jelly-belly jelly beans hidden in the closet in the hall and when we'd come over he'd bring them out and let us have a handful. I remember playing a lot of "skip-it" in the driveway and chasing the younger cousins down the street on the big wheel. Playing Oregon trail and having a line-up of like 4 cousins jumping on the "tramp" waiting to play. Haha. I also always loved getting out the plum picker and eating fresh picked plums in the backyard. And kumquats too! Mmm...and making frozen burritos out of the GIGANTIC freezer. I used to always go to grandpas to write papers for school because they had a printer and grandpa would help me out with my homework. Also going to the highland games and learning about our ancestry. A few summers ago I volunteered at the Geneology booth at the County Fair with Grandpa and i learned so much. Grandpa takes such pride in our ancestory, it makes me proud to be a Hay! :) Grandpa is such a patient and loving guy. I am so lucky to have been able to grow up living so close to all of my grandparents and have real relationships with them. It's definitely been a blessing that I try not to take for granted. Last time Grandma and Grandpa were in Utah I was able to track them down and bring Grandpa Hay to dinner at Linda's. I got to spend some time with him driving up there which was really nice. I love my Grandpa Hay sooo much and I hope he has the best birthday! Love you Grandpa!


And Happy Birthday to my cousin Jarrod too!!

3 comments:

Dasdel said...

I'm glad you have a real relationship independent of me with your grandparents. Its nice to right things down that you remember about grandpa. You'll be glad you did in years to come.

Dasdel said...

I was just looking at the picture again. Check out Dad and Jake behind grandpa's shoulder. Jake is smiling and so is Dad. Maybe I should do some creative editing on this picture :)

Morgan said...

haha i noticed that when i cropped it. i purposely left them in the back because they looked so good. haha i didnt know if anyone else would notice. but i should have known you would! haha.