I support my President.
I hope you all watched the swearing in and the inaugural speech! I did, and really appreciated/enjoyed it. I am excited to see what Barack Obama does as President and I think it is SO important to support the leader of our country, whether we voted for him or not. Natalie and I made Obama shirts to wear to school today. No rude looks yet, but I guess I havent taken my coat off. The best part of the whole speech, or maybe the most fun part of the speech, was the benediction! I loved that. Best prayer I've heard on BYU campus hands down.
5 comments:
I could not agree more!
So far I have to say he is probably the best dancer I've seen for a President. But I'm already tired of the sentimental media shots of people that are crying their eyes out whenever he shows up. Or the really intelligent questions from reporters when they ask a black celebrity "what does this day mean for you?"
I'm definitely going to be watching what his first items of business will be. It should be interesting. The talk radio stations are saying he is going to overturn Clinton's policy in the military for "don't ask don't tell" regarding gays and lesbians.
Rock on :)
Interesting that you liked the benediction....I thought the invocation and benediction were too "preachy" and not so "prayery."
I'm waiting to see what really happens. Every president promises a lot but they don't always deliver.
-Susanna
Our president's got rhythm...saaaaweet! :)
"let the brown hand around, let the redman get ahead man."
....awesome.
Post a Comment