So I picked them up on thursday night and we went back to Jen and Jesse's. I went to bed while they stayed up and visited because I had to work early. Friday morning my mom was able to watch my show and saw me in the glass reflected. Pretty funny stuff... Then we went down to lunch and dropped Jake off downtown. We headed down to Provo and checked in and RAN across campus to make it to the tour. We got to tour the bookstore and then the Theater department, which was lame because it was supposed to be for the Theater AND MEDIA ARTS departments but she didn't show us any of that. And she walked us so far I got blisters! But it was pretty cool to see the costume and prop rooms. Then after that we went back to the Ribble's house (Jarod) and got ready for the Blue'au (like Lu'au but Blue). Which was super yummy and we got to see the Living Legends perform which is always fun.

We went shopping after that which was good, i only ever enjoy shopping when its with my mom, mostly because I trust her opinion the most..
On saturday morning we woke up early to go do the 5k Run on campus. We ran late and were the last to check in...we were still pinning our numbers on and signing waivers when the gun went off. So we jogged to catch up to the pack and then power walked most of the way, with the exception of jogging to pass slow-pokes. We finished the whole thing in 45 mins...which is good for walking it!
We were dead afterward but we took a quick rest and then headed to the football game! We got a super good deal on tickets from some little boys in front of the stadium and we even got to sit close to Jarod and Jessica. The game was so close the whole time, even til the last second...definitely a lot of fun! And thank goodness we won!

After the game we had dinner at the house and then while Jarod and Jessica went to the church for a court of honor, we took the three older girls to the mall with us. I dont know how much fun they had...haha hopefully they enjoyed it. (I dont like shopping at all so when my mom comes she makes me go so i can get the things i need...i know it appears we are big shoppers, but we are not.)
When we got home my mom had the idea of having the girls put on their favorite jammies and do a little fashion show. It was cute...
Sunday we woke up and went to church and then came home and watched a movie. Everyone came to the Ribble's for dinner so we were able to visit and enjoy each others company. Jake was even there! Now its sunday night and Mom and Jake leave in the morning :( its always so sad to say bye...But at least its only a three week wait til i can come home again!
I'm so glad we were able to do Parent's Weekend this year because my freshman year was so crazy, and I wasnt even at BYU yet in the fall.. I cant wait for them to visit again!
6 comments:
I was wondering why your mom was going to Utah this weekend. Now I know it was Parent's Weekend was Jake your surrogate dad?
By the way I will do your tag it is taking some thought to come up with some of the answers... my life is sooo exciting, I don't know if I do 8 different things in a day hahaha seriously!
It was fun having you stay with us! The girls love you and your mom!
That sounds like such a fun weekend! I'm glad we are on the same page with our love for family time. I can't wait to see you! Urban cafe...blenders here we come!
Good times! I had so much fun running around BYU and trying to cram in everything we did in. I always wish I had more time to visit and hang out. I always feel like I run out of time. It was very nice to stay at both Ribbles' house. It made things super easy :)
the time does always fly by! but luckily so does the time between visits. 3 weeks til im home for thanksgiving! (hopefully)
Post a Comment