We had this story on my show, I guess Starbucks has a company policy of leaving the water for their "dipping well", which is meant to clean spoons, running constantly. 23.4 million liters of water a day. "That would provide enough daily water for the entire two million-strong population of drought-hit Namibia in Africa or fill an Olympic pool every 83 minutes." And most of the the Starbucks staff say they never use the well. Basically the water just runs for no purpose. “It is an absolutely astonishing waste of water, especially for a company which prides itself on its green credentials.”

Interesting stuff huh?
5 comments:
That's a whole lot of water! You are probably right about the staff not using it (it's probably not in a convenient spot) we will have to ask Tony he used to be a barista for Starbucks
I heard that story too. I was appalled. I hope there is enough pressure to make them stop.
Thats crazy! What a waste! What did your show have to say about it?
they were just shocked too. since they advertise how earth friendly they are and what not..
we had dipper wells at baskin-robbins too. i worked there for a few years. i never even thought about how much water they wasted. whoops.
Post a Comment