On saturday morning Lauren and I went to the Farmer's Market. (After we did yoga with Rodney Yee 'On Demand'). And we had an early lunch watching this group of kids play music. They had a few different styles of music and the boys, and one girl, took turns getting on stage to perform. The kids were AWESOME. You could tell they were nervous, but LOVING it. The first part we watched this kid playing base look EXACTLY like DeeDee Ramone. I was so excited but I'm not sure Lauren knew what i was talking about, i felt like a dork. haha. So after the Guns and Roses set the boy announced they were starting the "Punk Rock" portion of the show. And this long haired ADORABLE little boy, no older that 8, starts belting out Toy Doll's- Back in '79. (I had to google that. i didnt know it). He was precious. It was one of those moments where i thought to myself. "Oh, maybe i do want children.." My kids will be little punk rock babies, no question. So we had to leave after that song because Lauren had work but as we were walking away from the stage area we heard him start Beastie Boys- Sabatoge. I wished i could have stayed and watched them play all afternoon. It was the highlight of my Saturday for SURE.
This is a picture of one of the bands, not the one with my fave kid tho.

And this is a poly-man who was rocking out like crazy. I couldnt get a picture of him with his arms held up to the sky so i had to settle for just him walking by.
4 comments:
What a fun day. I love the fact that you are able to be so involved with cultural happenings. I would have loved to seen the punk rock band. See when you start your day with yoga amazing things happen (ZEN)
Can happening upon a little punk rock band be zen? Maybe only in my world :)
haha yes in my world too. waking up and doing yoga was quite nice. and hey i went to the gym today! i did 1.63 miles on the treadmill. fast walking and a little running. pretty good eh?
Can't wait to meet your punk rock babies! No, I take that back. I CAN wait!
hahaha yeah i can wait too. Maybe Natalie will be babysitting by then. hahaha.
Post a Comment