Oct 29, 2008

Annoying:

Old women in all of my classes who always raise their hands to give their insight. You are not going to get a better grade when you pretend that you know EVERYTHING and then most of your comments fall short of having any point. You are taking Art History 201. An lower division class that is structured for sophomores. Quit acting like you are 19. Slash, most of these pieces of art have nothing to do with the Book of Mormon, probably because at this time they did not have the BOM. So you aren't earning brownie points by be all scriptorian... maybe you should look at the art itself instead of trying only to give out the typical BYU answers thinking it will win the teacher over. "If i say church and LDS enough maybe I will get an 'A'!!!!!" No... You wont. Thanks.

4 comments:

girlsmama said...

That makes me laugh!

Dasdel said...

That makes me laugh too! I can only imagine how this conversation goes in class, how lame and annoying. I had older people in my classes that would pipe up and really have nothing to say. It always seemed like it was right when the teacher was about to let you go and then they would pipe in their lame comments and make you get out late. ugh!
Hang in there...

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

The worst is when the teacher says, "Good point" when it's ridiculous. Or when they say, "There are no stupid questions." Yes, there are! I've heard LOTS of them.
-Susanna

elaine said...

I agree with Susanna there are tons of stupid questions and at least one or two people per class to ask them over and over. What I hated were the ones who thought they knew more than the teacher & insisted on debating every little thing, if they already know it better than the teacher WHY take the class!?!