
Here are the examples I thought of:
Severus Snape: A Slytherin professor at HogwartsSeverus: Roman Emperor
Horace Slughorn: Another Slytherin professor at Hogwarts
Horace: A Roman playwright and analyst.
Remus Lupin: Romulus is his code name in the 7th book.
Remus and Romulus: Brothers/founders of Rome. Where the name Rome comes from.
Narcissa: Draco Malfoy's Mother, a Death Eater
Narcissus: Mythological character known for vanity
Examples I found on the Internet:
Death Eaters, Sirius' Brother, "Tonks'" mom, & Voldemort's Mother.
Bellatrix, Draco, Regulus, Andromeda, Merope: Stars & constellations discovered by Greeks
Albus Dumbledore
Albus: means white in Latin
Minerva McGonagall: Head of Griffyndor House
Minerva: wisdom in Latin
Inspiration for this post?? I'm re-reading Harry Potter (obviously) and I'm sitting in Theater History Class right now...
7 comments:
Wow thats a lot of connections. Interesting the different perspectives one picks up on when reading a book at different phases in life. Thanks for sharing.
very interesting! it seems like there was so interview she did where she talked about all the inspiration and things she stole from other literary works and stuff.
are you reading harry potter for the first time? i should read the last one again before the movie comes out.
No, this is my second time. I re-read 6 for the movie this summer but I got sucked in and now I'm reading 7 too.
woah, that's really interesting! i definitely never made those connections. haha
This was very insightful!
hahahah harry potter and school and invaded your life
all the reading I do and I've never read Harry Potter...maybe it's time:)
Post a Comment