May 27, 2009

Iron like a Lion in Zion..

My new (ish) roommates invited me to Zion's National Park for Memorial Day! We had so much fun hiking and spending time together. On Sunday night we went to what I think was called Dixie Rock in St. George and we went through "the crack" Which was less than a foot wide and difficult to squeeze through! But definitely a worthwhile experience. Then on monday we hiked through the narrows in the Virgin River Canyon. My ankles and butt are still sore from trudging through the thigh-deep water (at times chest-deep) but it was so worth it! It was so fun to take advantage of one of Utah's greatest assets.

5 comments:

girlsmama said...

I am so jealous! I've always wanted to hike the narrows and have never done it!

Dasdel said...

I'm jealous... That looks like so much fun! What a great adventure :) I'm so glad you got to experience Zion Nat'l park

The Ribbles said...

Very nice. I haven't been to Zion since I was a little kid. I would love to go back. Its such a neat place to hike.

Courtney said...

I'm so jealous! I really wish I would have been home so I could go. I have always wanted to go!

Moester said...

i was going to school and i heard that song