May 21, 2008

New Favorite Blog!

Its not really a blog but I love it and will check it as religiously as i check all of your blogs...even though you dont post as often as i want you to.

Its called BYU POLICE BEAT!!

Perhaps the funniest thing about BYU's campus newspaper, The Daily Universe. It tells all the funny (and not so funny) things that happen on or around campus. Other police beats are interesting but this one is pure entertainment. Here are some of my favorite posts...

This picture isnt from BYU's but its funny nonetheless...

April 1: BYU police responded to a call reporting a tampering with the BYU sign on University and Canyon Rd. Students had placed paper letters over the sign "Enter to learn, go forth to serve" to make it read "Enter to date and to mate."

April 8: A 6-year-old boy called the police when his 9-year-old brother would not let him watch television. BYU police checked the situation to make sure the boys were supervised. Both boys were fine.

March 21: BYU police received a call reporting a male dressed in a bright yellow suit looking for duck eggs near the duck pond. When police arrived as the scene the man was nowhere to be found.


March 12: A male student posted fliers in female dorm halls asking for dates to satisfy a dating requirement for his marriage preparation class. The fliers not only violate BYU policy but were disturbing female residents. Police discovered that the student was not enrolled in that class and the professor he said he had has retired.

March 13: A female student was cited for shoplifting in the BYU Bookstore. The student stole $3.69 worth of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. When asked why she stole them she said that she thought they were overpriced. When searched officers found $72 in cash on her person.


I will continue to post the best ones on here or if you are addicted like me you can check it yourself

http://newnewsnet.byu.edu/section.cfm/policebeat

5 comments:

Bethany said...

what a great site. i'll have to keep up on that one. the baby burrito is hilarious!

here is another silly BYU one I found:
http://thisjusthappened.blogspot.com/

Morgan said...

haha i love that! i need to learn how to explore the blog world more to find stuff like that.

Dasdel said...

I checked out the blog that Bethany suggested. Its different :) I will peek in on it periodically, I'm sure.
the BYU police report is very entertaining. Some of those you have to say only in Provo...

Bethany said...

I just blog hop like crazy. so i just go off of links on other blogs. i have a friend who is a studen at BYU and she had that link on her blog. I'm always searching for people I have known in the past. I have found some, which is always fun.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

That must have been one big, freakin' burrito!